Monday, February 7, 2011

William Luke Tucker

On January 22nd our precious baby boy William Luke Tucker arrived! He was born at 10:47 am, weighing 9lbs 4 oz and 21 inches long! I never imagined he would be that big! We went into labor on the 21st in the afternoon. I stayed at work until about 2:30 then called Chad and let him know this was it. We went home and labored at home until about 9:30pm. Our amazing friend Sarah came over to our house to check on us. I had progressed to 5 cm so we decided to go on in to the hospital. We got to the hospital after 10pm.  We later progressed to 6-7cm and then stayed there for almost 12 hours! After attempting to go natural for a long time, we decided it would be best if I got an epidural. The next morning about 10 am I was still 6-7cm. After many tears and discussion, we decided it would be best for us to go ahead with a c-section. This precious baby wanted to come out another way that wasn't in the plan. Even being a labor and delivery nurse, it was still scary that I would be having a major surgery. I was so thankful for the amazing support of Chad through the entire process! He was the best labor coach! God was walking us through this entire process! It was worth every second when we saw sweet Williams face! It was worth the entire wait of not knowing what we were having when Chad announced it was a boy! I think that Chad and I both cried more than William! We are so blessed to have him in our lives!

This was our first look at William! What a chunky baby! Check out those feet! :)


 Our new little Purdue Boilermaker!


 Maggie and Derek came to visit Will on the day he was born!

 Maggie and Trent stopped by to meet Will on his birthday!


 Finally leaving the hospital after 4 days in the NICU! Praise God for a healthy baby boy!




No comments:

Post a Comment